Sunday, September 18, 2022

Rosalie wants to know "WHY?"

 What is your WHY? We are taking this class and sharing in this journey, but what is your WHY? When we are interviewing someone for a teaching position, we know what they will be teaching and will uncover how they teach,  but to create a community of educators who share in our mission and values,  we need to ask them,  "What is their WHY?" As part of this course,  we will be creating our Belief Statement, so to begin that process,  please watch this short video from Simon Sinek and then share your WHY. 


2 comments:

  1. My “why” is for my students to feel comfortable in my classroom where there is a non-judgemental environment. This safe environment allows my students to be more creative and where they are encouraged to take chances. I believe that when students feel safe in their learning it will allow them to feel more confident in exploring new ideas. They will also be able to better self-reflect on their learning and take pride in their accomplishments. This will lead them to learn beyond the classroom.


    ReplyDelete
  2. My why is to create a learning environment where students feel comfortable and respected. Throughout my classroom experiences, whether they be a few months or only a few weeks, I make it a priority to make connections with my students. I feel that building relationships with your students allows them to feel more comfortable and at ease in the classroom. When students are comfortable they are more willing to challenge themselves and take risks without the fear of being judged for getting something wrong or not knowing a correct answer. When students feel comfortable enough to challenge themselves within the classroom, they can focus more on critical thinking and questioning, rather than trying to memorize material to "do well" on a test.

    ReplyDelete

  Every teacher has his/her own opinion with regard to the district’s curriculum. I was recently speaking with a teacher at the school in wh...